In this forum Stephen posts all the documents related to evaluation
First may I wish you a happy new year, and apologise for being a rather silent evaluator recently.
Because some of the second quarter evaluation reports were delayed, we have missed the deadline for the third quarter, and I have agreed with Matt that I should send out a report form to cover the six months from July to December. I am attaching the form. The questions are the same as before. I have changed the layout simply to make it easier for you to fill in the boxes, and for me to consolidate the responses into a single report.
I am also asking the partners with lead responsibility for specific workpackages to complete a separate form where appropriate, to avoid confusion.
Looking forward to meeting again in Granada
Thank you for a stimulating event in Brussels. A pity we did not have more time for discussion.
At the Brussels workshop I promised to circulate a short note of my thoughts on the meeting and the project overall for comment as part of the evaluation. I am attaching that paper. It is designed as a preliminary to the phone interviews with national coordinators which I hope to hold in the next month. I would welcome written comments from anyone who was at the Brussels workshop.
Please reply to me at email@example.com
It is time for the next quarterly ASPIRE evaluation return. I attach the template.
I realise that time is pressing, and this may not be possible, but if you were able to complete and return it to me by Sunday, I could have a revised update in time for our meeting in Granada.
Looking forward to meeting you all again.
Hi everyone. Here is the excel sheet for logging meetings and dissemination activities modified from Marta's excel sheet.
An impressive list of data. However, is there not a way of creating a single sheet which everyone can add to (with a national identifying field). That would save time and effort later in collating the data. I share a Googledocs spreadsheet like that with partners on another project.
It was very good to meet you all again in Granada. I attach my notes of our meeting (for internal use only in preparing my final report).
Let me know if you think I have got anything wrong, or missed important points.
Good luck with the next 8 months!
I attach a draft evaluation questionnaire. If we agree this at or online meeting tomorrow, I will send it to each of the ASPIRE partners, and ask you to complete it and rturn it to me. I would then propose to follow up with a phone interview in January to elaborate on intersting issues.
Lopok forward to talking tomorrow.
Here is a suggestion about the remaining stages of the evaluation. Comments welcome.
1. We agreed that I would use the workshop feedback sheets to assess the responses of participants, rather than surveying them directly (to save language problems!). If all partners have used the same questionnaire format I could work from scanned copies of the forms, which I have had for the UK workshops, but I imagine that you have already analysed them, so a summary from you would be fine.
2. I propose to have phone interviews with each of you during January, based loosely around the questionnaire I sent a few days ago (attached). It is long, but I hope provides space for people to talk frankly about their views of the project, its achievements and challenges. I will be in touch in the new year to agree dates and times. My guess is that it is likely to take 1-2 hours.
3. I hope to have a draft report complete in early February, and I will circulate that to you all for comment.
4. If appropriate I will follow up those comments and do any final updating during March.
Does this sound OK to you?
Have a good Christmas and New Year. Hope to see you in 2019 (when I hope the UK will have decided to stop its doomed attempt to leave the EU, and rejoined the Union as full members)
I think this plan looks good. Two quick thoughts-
1) I think the phone interviews would be great. I wonder if it might be a good idea to have them after the final report is complete or after we also have the online tool. Possibly we could have the interviews once the interviews are complete and a group skype call when we have the online too up
2) We should also ensure we have all of the feedback forms to you from the workshops and have a way to get some qualitative material from stakeholders once the online too is up
Hi I'm going to book a room in Brussels. I have two questions:
1) Do you want this to be a half day or full day event?
2) Are there any days on the week of 22 April or 29 or 30 April in which you are not available?
I think it would be best to have it on the last week to ensure we have everything ready. If you'd like it earlier, we'll need to shorten the timeline for the other parts of the project.
Since social partners are expected to attend the meeting in Brussels, should we contact them to find out which dates may work for them? Do you have in mind any criteria to select who among our social partners should attend the final meeting in Brussels?
I think we want to invite at least one representative each from the organisations which were formal partners. We can be flexible on who would actually attend. Let me find out what days are available. We may have to do a soft hold on a spot and only change it if we can't get attendees.
in my university budget we have money savings from previous project meetings, so we can take at least 5 persons to Brussels. At least two outside the university. This is more complicated from settlement point of view.
In our procedure, after come back delegate should complete all receipts, fill paper versions documentation (bureaucracy). So from this point we need at least 4-5 days to the official end of the project.
Easter is 20-22nd of April. After consideration all things the best option is in the week 8-12 of April. What do you think?
We can bring 4 social partners' representatives.
Regarding the dates, the best option for me would be the week 15-19. But I can be flexible for April 29th or 30th.
I would prefer a 1 day event that starts at around 10am and finishes at 3pm, so that I can arrive the evening before and leave soon after the conference.
Thank you and happy winter holidays!
On our side we are still pondering which might be the best dates. However, I can already say that in my case I am booked on April 11-12 to attend another meeting. Therefore, these days don't work for me. Most probably is that Pilar and I are able to make April 25-26-29-30. I'll confirm you the latter today later on.
After conversation with Pilar, our best dates for the final meeting in Brussels would be 25 & 26 April (we are not available neither 22-23 nor 29-30 April due to lecturing commitments). We think that a half day event would be fine.
All best wishes,